08/07/2011

Top 10 make-up products for the summer


We all know that during vacation we don't have the opportunity to take with us our whooole beauty kit. So what if we had to pick only 10 of them? After days and nights I have been thinking about that dilemma I have finally reached a decision.



The first product I would take is the MAC Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50. It's a great face primer specially formulated with oil-absorbing powder that also prevents oil breakthrough and disappears into the skin. It provides sun protection and at the same time is suitable for all skin types! I just can't live without it!

The second one would be the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat that I use as a highlighter and as a concealer- eye brightener too. The Touche Eclat is a great bet for brightening an otherwise ashen face and of course moisturizing, combining its incredibly creamy and weightless texture.  

A blush, and especially the MAC powder blush is always essential. The colour I use is the peachtwist that looks really natural and shows in just one swipe. My cheeks look flushed with a nice coral-peachy colour that stays on really well. About the Avene Thermal Spring Water that you see in the picture above...I am officially addicted! I use it all the time as it can actually help for everything! From protecting, soothing and purifying red, irritated skin, to setting make-up, easing the pain of sunburns and moisturizing my face, hands and body! I totally recommend it!






Then comes the MAC Quite Cute Cutie Eye Shadow Palette. These pastel shades have a mixture of luster and frost finishes that look good on everyone! Of course mascara is always needed so recently I have been using the Maybelline New York Pulse Perfection Vibrating Mascara. With only one coat I get the volume, the length and definition that I want! It is waterproof and extremely long lasting (didn’t even smudge after sleep –I know…it just happened once) but strangely easy to remove. You may find the vibration and the buzzing part a bit awkward at first, but then you’ll get used to it!

A really nice eyebrow pencil I just bought was the Max Factor Eyebrow Pencil. To tell you the truth I didn’t expect to like it –I rarely like eyebrow pencils, but this one is good. Its texture is not-too-firm-but-not-too-soft and it manages to define the brows naturally without scratching them at all! Despite the fact that I’m not really into eyebrow pencils, this one manages to accentuate my eyes really well.

Close to the end of the 10 top make-up essentials for the summer is the L’oreal Infallible Never Fail Plumping Lipcolour. I have it in maaaany colours but I find the most ''appropriate'' for the summer the apricot one. It lasts for 16 hours beautifully, without flaking off. Okay..I admit it…the part that at first made me buy it was the mirrored packaging that I found really helpful, but now I know that it does exactly what its name promises. It never fails! Ooh..I can also add that it is a good moisturizer too, that includes vitamin E that protects and conditions the lips.

I left my two favorite products for the very end! The first one is the L'oreal Pencil Perfect Carbon Black Eyeliner. It’s a really easy to use creamy pencil that glides on smoothly. I really like it cause it lasts long and doesn’t smudge at all. The Best part is that its sooooo easy to remove, with the help of course of the Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes that dissolve the oil, the dirt and the make-up (waterproof mascara too) really gently and effectively. The towlettes don’t dry my skin and leave a nice feel of refreshment. Having used other make-up removing products in the past which leave my skin sticky and oily, I find these exactly what myself and my skin need.


 

*I really hope I helped! Having these products with you, I’m pretty sure that your summer vacations will be as good as mine! Bon voyage!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment